- Bill moves, and he's in color too. You can even click on him and he screams "OUCH!" or "SPLAT!"
- window resizing is very wrong
- program no longer guaranteed to run predictably for longer than nine years (sorry)
- ridiculously improved code style (no really a lot!)
- added linked list unit and support for multiple monsters
- added support for computers
- bill says "POW!!!!!!" on button 2
- improved Makefile
- remembered to include app-defaults file in tar
- forgot to initialize a variable. either the stupid aix compiler initialized it anyway or we were really lucky testing it.
- removed annoying flicker
- has multiple computers on the screen with random OSes
- has multiple bills moving on the screen in random directions
- used sxpm to create smaller .xpm files, minor savings in memory and executable size, easier to edit pixmaps
- left button (button 1) removes bills from screen
- right button (button 3) now resets computers to wingdows.
- got masking to work (well, maybe not...)
- bill now carries the wingdows box around
- event handling/speed improved
- masking really works now
- fixed computer pixmap so it looks nice(r)
- randomized computer layout now leaves room for bill to stand on right
- support for bills walking in, standing at computers and walking out
- bills walk towards a specific computer to plunder (primitive ai)
- bill turns off computer, 'steals' native os and installs wingdows
- count of bills remaining is kept: decreased when bill enters screen - increased if bill leaves
- bill is killable in all states
- computer reset to native os on right button
- cleaned up code and internal structures
- event handling/speed really improved (optimized for the new code)
- server lag problems identified
- linked list unit fixed so that function to move between lists works
- window resizing is still very wrong
- programmers woke up after being asleep since 7/26.
- code structures were fixed very much (again)
- bill faces in the direction he's walking
- bill explodes in a gory shower of blood when clicked on (yeah!)
- bill drops os when killed
- the os stays on the ground when bill is killed if it had been stolen
- the os bounces up and down while bill carries it
- changed default cursor (matias will have to draw a better one later)
- cursor changes during drag and drop operation
- drag and drop works! there's a little hack involved, but not too bad...
- bill now smart enough to notice that a computer is already corrupted and find a new one
- game ends if all computers are lost
- attempt to port code to athena widgets. it compiles and runs w/o motif now (i hate C macros) a bit
- improved the makefile. an imakefile one day maybe...
- when bill leaves the field, he drops the os he's carrying
- status bar widget now does something
- improved responsiveness a lot :)
- menubar does something (new game, pause and quit buttons) if motif is used.
- levels now exist (barely)
- yet more code cleanup
- a few things depend on the level (freq. and number of appearing bills, number of computers, step size)
- bug where a computer is ignored if off is removed
- menu code written.
- athena code started. this works more or less, but not too well. i'd recommend using motif and/or a statically linked binary.
- about box works. help almost works also.
- a bunch of bugs fixed
- have an Imakefile now (thanks to Greg Seidman - firstname.lastname@example.org)
0.9 (11/28/94 - a bit busier during school)
- warp to arbitrary level works
- game pauses when cursor leaves window
- cursor warps to near upper left corner of opened dialog boxes
- redefined both reset and drag to right button (button 3), added -1 option for people with a one button mouse. 1 may slow the game down a bit.
- added -l, -L to specify starting level
- added -v for version info
- improved pictures a lot
- added confirmations for actions
- game now pauses well
- fixed level difficulty stuff
- bill walks at two speeds
- minimizes to an icon (a cool one too...)
- scoring improved
- window cannot be resized now, no matter how hard you try :)
- much cooler animations for bill replacing os
- added high score list
- fixed lots of silly bugs
- made program not die from colormap error (i hope)
- remembered that the game's not done yet :)
- replaced usleep() calls with XtAppAddTimeout(). should make the game more responsive
- changed all popup windows to modal dialogs. cleans up code a lot
- removed Athena support, since it would take too long to finish.
- made a couple pixmaps a bit smaller
- changed colors to gray. why not?
- finally got everything to work with full colormaps
- got rid of app-defaults file. Not really used anyway
- Only uses one button now (any button). Easier to play.
- Some Imakefile fixes
- modularized widget code, and added Athena widget support (rewritten from scratch). The game looks better with Motif, but that's not too important.
- made pause button only active during game play
- warping to a level starts a game if one isn't being played
- fixed a potentially nasty bug that could cause bills to get lost
- works in TrueColor now (I think - it works in 16 bit mode at least)
- fixed bug where getopt() returned a char instead of an int.
- fixed bug where hitting Enter when entering a high score corrupted the high score file.
- don't fclose() nonexistant files any more.
- added BSD as another operating system (patches by Joerg Wunsch, email@example.com)
- it was really easy to play forever by guarding one computer. Now you lose when there's only one computer left running its normal OS.
- added man page, written by Pekka Marjola (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- changed around some timer code.
- removed Athena DrawingArea widget since CoreWidget works too.
- massive code reorganization to improve portability to other GUIs, languages, etc.
- Some computers are connected by network cables
- When a computer with a network cable becomes infected, it will release a spark down the cable which will infect the computer on the other end. Pouring the bucket of water on the spark will extinguish it.
- Made cursors and various other images look better.
- Removed references to defenestration.dorm.umd.edu, which no longer exists.
- Added Red Hat logo (fixed broken Red Hat patch).
- Added GNU Hurd logo
- Added Linux penguin logo
- The BSD, Red Hat, Linux, OS/2, and Hurd operating systems are interchangable on the 2 PC computers.
- The score is now displayed in the playing field.
- Made Athena version far better looking.
- Motif version almost completely works with Lesstif.
- converted all code from C++ into C.
- cleaned up pretty much all of the code.
- modified build system to use GNU autoconf instead of imake.
- made the UI system modular, and created modules for the Athena and Motif widget sets. By default, both are built into the binary.
- added a GTK front end.
- added an option to use a larger playing field.
- changed the Athena front end to use Xaw3d when possible.
- add Palm OS/CPU (images borrowed from pBill and heavily modified)
- forked into repo on tuxfamily
- see git revisions for details
- omg first -NG release
- more random
- able to goto a random level
- more points
- moar points
- more stuff
- even moar stuff
- random level you may get to is 200 now!
- v2.1 marker removed! NOW REALLY NG
- replaced X resource name with "XBill-NG"
- max random level is up to 1,000
- more things added
- replaced sprintf use
- New Wingdows pixmap!
- More cables!
- Maybe less computers!
- Try now!
- developer snooped and didn't wrote a ChangeLog entry
- moving up to tuxfamily.org, bye bye sourceforge, which had been helpful!
- clean up code that's unused
- optimize pixmap size using "convert"
NG-2.1 "Wikipedia Release" (5/13/2010)
- random level range changed
- buggy motif gui returns
- some other stuff
- Minor bugfix release.
- Game easier